Thursday, July 21, 2011

Dubai

I was quite excited to come to Dubai not only cuz it will be fun spending (probably) the last month of a strangely long vacation with my siblings and their family, it will mean escape from the monsoon. But apparently, I forgot how it feels like when it's around 45 degrees outside. Besides a few expensive recreational activities, there isn't much you can do in Dubai in the summer unless you want to literally cook yourself. So, "shapping malls"(in a mallu accent) it was. When the rest of the group goes shopping(or window shopping), I walk around taking photos. Actually I enjoyed it cuz of three reasons:

1. In Dubai, man-made wonder replaces nature, or at least I think that is what they're trying to :P Where Burj Khalifa = The Grand Canyon, The Palm Islands = Lakshwadeep (I know, I know. That's not even a valid comparison, but you get the point) and so on. When we went to Palm Jumeirah, just being there gave me tingles. It was beautiful but..I don't know, there was something strange about the place,

2. This is something I can't do freely back at my place. The way I see it, if someone does something different or don't do something others don't, he/she is out of their minds and whatever. Not that I give a damn about it, but it pricks; and finally

3. I get to do this with my brother's Canon EOS 400D! But the downside is, every time you think you got hold of using it, there's bad news. I still have a long way to go.